What is Rehabilitation?
Rehabilitation is a therapy or treatment to cure and restore maximum movement and functional ability when these are threatened by the process of aging, injury or disease. It helps the body to regain normal daily functions through different kinds of recovery techniques.
Who Needs Rehabilitation?
Rehabilitation therapy offers significant benefits to individuals suffering from ongoing medical conditions or recovering from surgeries, illnesses or injuries including:
Muscle & Joint Problems
- Neck & back pain
- Orthopedic surgery
- Joint replacement
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shortness of breath
Communication, Cognition or Swallowing Difficulties
History of Falls/Imbalance
Our Centre offers comprehensive rehabilitation services delivered by qualified therapists with experience in evaluating and managing a wide range of health conditions for people of all ages. We aim to help patients regain their optimal functioning level and restore their life’s normalcy in as short a time as possible.
1. Play therapy / social & recreational activities:
- Arts & crafts
- Karaoke sessions
These activities help to increase the level of independence in daily activities, through fun and games.
2. Use of rehabilitation equipment:
- Parallel bar
- Wooden staircase
- Cycling & paddling
- Gym ball
1. Using therapeutic exercises aimed at promoting quality of life and fitness:
- ROM exercises to improve the range of movement for the elderly, who have limited movement.
- Strengthening exercise to increase endurance and improve muscle tone.
- Coordination & balance exercise to improve gait and balance.
2. Rehabilitation management